Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai pass for Nara 2008/10/7 14:00
Hi, can the JR Kansai pass be used on Midosuji line and Yamatoji line? I used the JR interactive page to check the trains, and these 2 lines appeared. But I cannot find these lines in the Kansai Pass area coverage. Please help. Thanks! KC
by KC  

to Nara 2008/10/7 15:56
the Yamatoji line is a JR line that starts at the JR Namba station. The Midosuji line is a subway line going from Shin-Osaka (a bit beyond actually) to Namba and Tennoji beyond. Depending where in Osaka you start your trip to Nara you could take the JR loop line, or another JR line, to Tennoji (The JR Nara line goes by Tennoji on the way to Nara.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Kansai pass for Nara 2008/10/9 13:42
Hi Monkey See, thanks for your reply. We are departing from Shin-Osaka, the guide says to take Midosuji-line to Tennoji then change train to Nara. KC
by KC rate this post as useful

to Nara 2008/10/9 15:39
Yes you can do that. But if you have the JR pass you might as well use JR trains only as i makes the pass cheaper by km travelled.. On the other hand if you don't worry about spending a bit more--not much-- you can take the Midosuji subway to Tennoji then a JR train to Nara. Hyperdia assume that you pay cash,or with a card.It cannot take in account a JR pass.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

3 direct services per hour 2008/10/9 21:30
From JR Osaka station and JR Tennoji station,
3 direct trains bound for Nara or Kamo(3 stops after Nara) departs per hour, between 10am and 4pm.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Kansai pass for Nara 2008/10/15 13:40
Hi Monkey See and Ts, thanks for your advice!
by KC rate this post as useful

reply to this thread