Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why Japanese funeral is expensive? 2008/10/7 23:13
Pls. do eaborate more about Japanese funeral..thanks
by Chel  

funerals 2008/10/8 13:29
expensive compared to what? her in Canada an insurance company has ads on TV saying that a basic funeral cost at least 10 000 $ (in fact this isn't uncommon for some families to spend $15000-20000 on a funeral. I attended one and frankly it wasn't worth hit!
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

from the cradle to the grave 2008/10/8 18:30
Most funerals in Japan aren't at all expensive compared to most weddings in Japan, either for the host or the guest. It's just that when somebody dies, you tend to panic, you're in a hurry, and hosts tend to take whatever price they are offered.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Not only Japan 2008/10/8 19:41
Funerals can be quite expensive in many countries- what makes you think Japanese funerals are particularly expensive?
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/8 23:27
by John rate this post as useful

no one really trusts Wiki 2008/10/9 10:37
Wikipedia says;
"The average cost for a Japanese funeral is 4 million yen, the most expensive in the world."

But you can also say that the average cost of land in Japan is one of most expensive in the world, or the average cost of meals in Japan are much more expensive compared to other Buddist countries.

Well, it's Wiki after all.
by Uco rate this post as useful

hotels 2008/10/9 16:16
Uco is so right!! how many times have you read in US travel magazines that hotels in Japan are very expensive, that a "budget" hotel cost US $ 250 AND UP, yet I know by experience that I can get a small but decent room in Tokyo, Osaka etc. cheaper than the motel rooms I get in "big towns" in Washington state and Oregon! And these Japanese rooms have a silent air conditioning and a toilet-bidet!
by Red frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread