Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass or not? 2008/10/9 02:47
hi!
I'll stay in Tokyo for a month/january.
I'll go to Yokohama,Kyoto, Kobe, Osaka, Himeji, Fukui and Kanazawa. The JR Pass is a good choice?
Thanks...
by sergio m  

Trip 2008/10/9 22:29
You say that you will be for a month in Tokyo, but you didn't specify the number of days you have put aside for your trip to Yokohama, Kyoto, Kobe, Osaka, Himeji, Fukui and Kanazawa.

Use Hyperdia or Jorudan to figure out what your trip is going to cost by looking up the individual trips and compare that to the cost of a one or two week JR Rail Pass.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

agenda 2008/10/9 22:45
I'll stay in Tokyo for the most part of the time. I'll travel for a week to visit the other cities. My doubt: if I stay in Kyoto, I think I can visit most of the places from there. Can I use other options, less expensive than JR Pass? Ok, I'll look the sites you listed. Thank you
by sergio m rate this post as useful

WAW 2008/10/9 22:54
HYPERDIA IT'S AMAZING!

... 2008/10/9 23:02
I'll stay in Tokyo for the most part of the time.

So, you will see a very limited aspect of Japan. is that ok for you? Your agenda can be justified only if you are hoping to see lots of and only modern part of the country.

For a reference;
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_19.html
by V rate this post as useful

aspects of Japan 2008/10/10 03:48
Well, I want to see more traditional places like Kyoto and Takayama, but my main interest is architecture and Tokyo is so huge that the time became so, too. From Tokyo I can go to Kamakura and maybe Nikko (it will be freezing?) on day trips. Can you suggest me something especial? I'm tinking to stay in Takayama for the new year's day, is a good choice?

In Japan 2008/10/10 04:55
Tokyo is a huge place but most of it is residential areas with low houses and apartment buildings. The number of very modern buildings is relatively small and concentrated in a few areas like Shinjuku, Ginza, Harajuku, Odaiba, Shinagawa, etc. one week would be more than enough to see all of it. The town of Osaka, much smaller than Tokyo, has quite a few interesting modern buildings in the neighbourhoods of Kita and Namba. Are you familiar with the Internet site "skyscrapercity"? check skyscrapercity Osaka, skyscrapercity Kansai, skyscrapercity Tokyo. You need a fast powerful computer and don't read the comments as many are misinformed. The photos, though, are spectacular.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread