Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Multiple rail passes 2008/10/11 05:35
Is it possible to buy more than one JR-East pass per person?
My travel agent says that I can buy more than one Exchange Order outside Japan. I need to be sure that I can exchange each of them when I'm in Japan (at different times/places). Can I do this, or is there some sort of checking to disallow multiple passes per person?

Specifically, I'm hoping to buy two 3-day JR-East flexible passes (or one 3-day flexible & one 4-day flexible).
Appreciate any help, thanks!
by tara  

... 2008/10/11 08:58
There is no limit if you buy them outside of Japan, but there is a limit of one per person if you buy them inside Japan.

There should also be no problem with exchanging more than one voucher at the time.

Details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_02.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Buying JR-East passes 2008/10/12 18:40
Thank you for your reply!

I assume this also means that, in addition to whatever number of Exchange Orders I buy outside Japan, I can further buy one more pass within Japan (if the need arises)?

Thanks!
by tara rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/12 23:33
Yes I believe you can. The question is:
will be be economical enough for you to have 3 JR East passes, or just one or two with the rest being regular or other types of discounted tickets.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread