Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kagura dance 2008/10/12 22:11
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can see a Kagura dance apart from Takachiho? I'll be travelling in January, so I'm afraid that Takachiho might be a pane to get to.
I've heard there is Kagura in Ise. Does anyone know if there are specific dates for that or is it performed daily, like in Takachiho?
I'm arriving in Tokyo in January, so the the spring and autumn festivals are irrelevant for me, I'm afraid. If anyone knows of a place in Honshu or Kyushu for Kagura, please let me know.

Thanks
by Nina  

takachiho 2008/10/15 02:27
I'll be travelling in January, so I'm afraid that Takachiho might be a pane to get to.

I don't understand what you mean.
Do you know Takachiho is in Miyazaki prefecture in Kyushu?
by mm rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/15 07:54
Yo-Kagura ("Night Kagura") is performed at Takachiho Shrine every night for tourists from 8pm to 9pm. The "real yokagura" is held on winter weekends in night-long sessions in one different places. Details are here:
http://www.town-takachiho.jp/~syoukan/17yokagura/kagura-sche...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Takachiho 2008/10/15 22:30
Hi guys,
Thank you for your answers and for the link.
Yes, I mean Takachiho in Miyazaki-ken. It's supposed to be in a montaneous area, and I know buses in the winter are sparse, so if anyone knows of another place to see Kagura, easier to get to, such as Ise, please let me know.

Thanks
by Nina rate this post as useful

reply to this thread