Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in bunkyo-ku... 2008/10/14 03:10
Staying in bunkyo-ku is it as exspensive as tokyo??? -this is my question... ^^

actually i am still a student wanted to go to japan to study, and before that, i need to find out the living exspences. So, my college is at Bunkyo-ku, and it is still consider as Tokyo, so i was wandering is the living exspensence as same as Tokyo???

thank you very much...
by Yumi  

google 2008/10/14 10:23
Try Google or Google maps. You will quickly find your answer.
by google rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/14 13:42
Yes, Bunkyo-ku is a city district in central Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bunkyo ward 2008/10/14 15:12
It is not far out of central Tokyo. Living expenses depend on lots of factors, but Bunkyo-ku isn't the most expensive area in Tokyo at all. Plenty of students live there. If you live about half an hour's train ride further north though, your rent will probably be lower.

Food costs are similar in most areas of Japan- food in Tokyo isn't particularly expensive.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/15 02:03
I'm a resident of Bunkyo-ku.

As Sira said, Bunkyo-ku isn't particularly the expensive area in Tokyo as a whole but still it's a patchwork of rather rich neighborhood districts and far less rich ones, which also can be said about the other wards of Tokyo. So if you'd like to cut expenses as much as possible, make sure not to opt a rich neighborhood. You'd be able to consult with the staff of your college about this issue.
by mm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread