Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu 2008/10/14 10:50
I have some confusion about using this pass. The pass does not allow getting off at stations between the departure station and the free area: does this mean I cannot get off at Kita Kamakura? Do I have to ride the train all the way to Kamakura?
Another question: what is the most convenient way to get back to Ueno from Enoshima using the Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu?
Is it advisable to do all the temples and a trip to Enoshima island in a single day? (we're planning on leaving very early from Tokyo) Or will that be too exhausting? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
by Henna  

... 2008/10/14 12:03
does this mean I cannot get off at Kita Kamakura?

No. Kita-Kamakura is already inside the free area! The free area starts at Ofuna Station, i.e. you are not allowed to get on and off between your starting station and Ofuna.

Do I have to ride the train all the way to Kamakura?

No!

what is the most convenient way to get back to Ueno from Enoshima using the Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu?

Either by Enoden and JR via Fujisawa or by monorail and JR via Ofuna:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_004.html

It depends on how much you want to see in each place. A in-depth visit to Kakamura will fill a whole day and leave no time for Enoshima.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/10/14 19:36
Thanks, Uji!
by Henna rate this post as useful

reply to this thread