Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakurajima 2008/10/15 09:03
When is the best time to see Sakurajima in Kagoshima Prefecture? Also, when is it the most active (volcanic activity, smoke)?
by Joe  

Exactly 2008/10/15 09:30
When ? Volcanoes unlike weather are difficult to forecast. You just have to do what I did. Include it in your trip and hope for a good day. We were unable to make the most of seeing Aso due to smoke...very toxic smoke.
by RodW rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/15 10:17
I was able to visit sakurajima on a very good sunny day with my friend tour the place with rental bicycle and i got to vist an onsen which was a few minutes away from the ferry. however, when we passed by sakurajima the next morning, the whole island was covered with cloud. so i guess it requires some kind of luck.
by lester rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/15 12:34
Sakurajima is nice around the year. I suspect that the landscape is slightly less attractive during the winter month due to reduced vegetation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/15 21:59
As mentioned by Uji-san, Sakurajima is nice around the year but can be seen better when it is sunny and less windy. When it rains, mountain top is usually covered by the cloud. The mountain is a bit more active this year and we can see smoke almost every other day.
by JLady (now living in Kagoshima) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread