Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which JR pass is more reasonable? 2008/10/16 01:36
I'll travel to Aomori, Towadako, Akita, Hakone and Tokyo in 7 days. I'll arrive Aomori by flight, then start to use JR pass to travel Towadako, Oirase, then to Akita, Kakunodate, Hakone and Tokyo. Is it better to buy JR pass instead of JR East pass?

For the JR bus in Towadako, can I reserve the seat beforehand?

Any Apple farm near Aomori city recommend?
by yn  

... 2008/10/16 07:22
If you arrive in Japan before December 2008, then the temporarily available flexible 3-day pass for 10,000 yen could likely be the best offer.

If you travel after december 2008 or the 3-day flexible pass does not cover your needs, then I would go for the nationwide Japan Rail Pass, because the Japan Rail Pass is valid on the JR Buses to Towadako, while the JR East Pass is not. That will save you around 5000 yen, which is almost the same as the cost difference between the JR East Pass and the nationwide pass, but the nationwide pass is valid for 7 days (28,300 yen) as opposed to the flexible 4-day JR East Pass or 5-day JR East Pass (each 20,000 yen).

For the JR bus in Towadako, can I reserve the seat beforehand?

Yes. At any JR station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread