Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Nikko 2008/10/16 09:06
I am in Tokyo and want to visit Nikko on Sunday the 19th Oct.
1. I am near Kit Senju station and am planning to take Tobu line to Nikko.--
Can I use my PASMO card?
2. Do I need a resrvation?
3. I do not mind leaving early what is a good time to leave so that I can avoid the traffic at Nikko on the way to the LAKE.
4. From Nikko I am planning to go to TOBU World by train - Can I use PASMO there?
by Vivek P  

... 2008/10/16 11:32
There is a Tobu Isezaki line rapid train that leaves Kita-senju at 5:48, which goes through Tobu Dobutsukoen, you take it to the destination Shin-tochigi, then change to another train leaving at 7:18, that gets you to Tobu Nikko at 8:11. (Costs 1,320 yen one way.)

1. For the above, yes, you can use PASMO card.
2. If you take the above train, no, but if you want to take the Kego limited express (leaving Kita-senju at 7:40 and arriving in Tobu Nikko at 9:19), then yes, and you need to pay 1,400 yen extra for the limited express train.
3. Nikko will be crowded on the weekends anyway - because people often stay over on Sat., it can get crowded pretty early.
4. I have not been there, so I'm not sure. But I have heard that Nikko alone (going up to the lake, waterfalls, then visiting shrines and temples in town) is a good, full one-day excursion from Tokyo by the way.
by AK rate this post as useful

Typo 2008/10/16 11:32
I meant to say "Kegon" limited express in my post above.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread