Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a Sony dsc-h50 in Japan 2008/10/17 18:20
I'm planning to get a DSC-H50, and I've the possibility that some friends buy it in Japan.

I've been visiting all japanese camera related sites (kakaku.com, rakuten.com, yodobash.com) and the lowest price I've found is 33000 yens - maybe 220€.
Since I live in Spain, the best price is about 300€ for a pack with extras.

Is it worth it to buy it there?
I am worried about the warranty, the wait and the manual/menus.

Thanks
by andreas  

... 2008/10/17 18:25
Is it worth it to buy it there?
I am worried about the warranty, the wait and the manual/menus.

In the case of Sony cameras I would not buy it from Japan unless you have someone take a look at it and make sure that it can be switched to whichever language you prefer to use.

Sony cameras tend to be regionalized with those sold in Japan only able to display in Japanese. In fact, I haven't come across a Sony camera that could be switched from Japanese since 2005.

Another option is to look for "international model" which should be able to have their language switched and come with an international warranty. Unfortunately they also cost more which may undo any savings.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread