Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is 6 days enough to visit... 2008/10/18 03:22
Hi all, I'm planning for a holiday on the 22nd of November to the 29th of November in which I'm planning to spend 3 days in Sapporo and 3 days in Tokyo. Is this enough time to experince the main attractions in these places? I have the option of extending my holiday to the 1st of December. Would this be a better idea? I get the impression that there is nothing much to do in Hokkaido and that 3 days is suffcient though. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance!
by Reuben  

... 2008/10/18 08:08
The answer to your question depends on your prefered travel pace and on your understanding of "main attractions".

Is this enough time to experince the main attractions in these places?

Sapporo City has not that much to see. Most main attractions can be seen in two days. Just the major main attractions can be packed into a single day. Of course, this does not include possible side trips, of which there are many (Otaru, Jozankei Onsen, skiing in Niseko, Toya/Shikotsuko National Park, Asahiyama Zoo, etc.)

About Sapporo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2163.html

As for Tokyo, I think three days are enough to just get a basic idea of the city. So, I think three days are enough.

About Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Also, note that you will spend at least half a day moving between the two cities.

I get the impression that there is nothing much to do in Hokkaido and that 3 days is suffcient though.

Don't confuse Sapporo with Hokkaido! You need about a month to see all main attractions of Hokkaido, but note that late November is - weather wise - not a very attractive time to go. It is just between autumn and winter and it rains/snows quite often:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

prefers extension 2008/10/20 02:35
to me, I prefer to extend to 1st Dec. Why? Firstly, Japan has too many wonders to see. If you survey through, outside japan has lots of places to visit. Secondly, you are already in Japan so why not extend your stay and enjoy more in this wonderful places.
by benx rate this post as useful

mistyped the above: 2008/10/20 02:38
sorry, I mean above is "outside Tokyo" and not "outside Japan".
by benx rate this post as useful

Too short i guess... 2008/10/20 06:48
If its your first time i think its too short.

3 days in Tokyo? I guess you wanna see the "main-areas" like Shinjuku, Ginza, Shibuya, Akihabara & Roppongi? On top of that "main-attractions" (to me) counts Meiji Jingu Shrine, Senso-Ji Temple, Imperial Palace, the fish market and maybe do some shopping in Takashimaya or Ameyoko Arcade?

If its possible for you, i definetly think you should stay a few more days...

Have a nice trip anyway :-)
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

stay longer 2008/10/20 07:04
there is so much to see in and around the Tokyo area, you might as well stay and see more things since you are going all the way there. On my 1st trip to Japan I was there for 3 weeks and it felt like 3 days it went by so fast! Take your time and enjoy your trip. Just look through this website a little and see all places you can go see.
by daz88 rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2008/10/20 07:26
what about Shinagawa and the cemetery where the 47 ronins are buried? what about Zoshigaya, Yanaka and other places where real people live? far more interesting to me than Shibuya!
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread