Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

worry about suitcase luggage 2008/10/20 10:42
Hi

I will be travelling from tokyo to kyoto to osaka by trains. Is it true that big suitcase luggages are not suitable? Help... i love to shop!
by ilovemoomoo  

... 2008/10/20 16:12
Big suitcases can be a pain if the space behind the last seats of the car are already taken by somebody else's suitcases:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2274.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

suitcases 2008/10/20 16:19
I never had a problem with my 26" high suitcase. I can fit it on the shelf above the seats. anything bigger is a pain to wheel and drag around anyway.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

ok 2008/10/22 17:14
I travel with 29" upright suit case and have never had a problem on the trains. (7 trips to Japan so far)
by daz88 rate this post as useful

between cars 2008/10/22 21:45
we had no difficulty with cases: if the space behind the last seats was full we left them between the cars, and told the conductor each time when they checked the tickets
by fmj rate this post as useful

No problem! 2008/10/23 19:47
Yup, never had a problem with my 29" and 26" hardcases together, even on out-country trains.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

thanks......... 2008/10/28 14:43
Glad to hear that.....all to all you you . cheers
by ilovemoomoo rate this post as useful

big suitcases 2008/10/29 15:21
Ask for the last seats in the car when making reservation. Tell them you have big suitcases. Most of last seats are numbered 1A to 1D depending on the direction the train travels. As for the local trains, some 1A to !B seats could be the front seats facing the petition without any space for the big suitcases. Recently, we had 1A and !B seats in the Takayama Main line, which are the front seats. We had to move our two super big luggages some 15 seats behind.
by tju rate this post as useful

Try shipping it 2008/10/30 06:35
Consider shipping your luggage between major cities. It's fast and pretty cheap. Our hotel in Tokyo took care of this for us. I think we had to ship it one day prior to leaving for Kyoto.
by Matt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread