Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Music district in Tokyo? 2008/10/23 09:08
Hello everyone!
I am searching for Japanese music, and I was wondering if there was a music district in Tokyo, like Akihabara the electronic district or Jimbocho the book district.

I'm searching for various styles, from Enka to Visual Kei. Are they're good discount shops somewhere? I don't wanna buy CDs in department stores, because it's expensive and they just have Jpop and stuff like that.

Thanks for your answer, and please excuse my English.
by Yane kun  

Music and concerts. 2008/10/23 11:35
For Visual Kei, I like Closet Child (Shinjuku store is good for music).

If you want to see a visual kei concert, head to Takadanobaba Area, which is a livehouse.

To get to it,get of at Takadanobaba station on he Yamanote line. As you exit, you will see a big picture of art by Tezuka Osamu (the artist who create Astro boy / Tetsuwan Atomu). while facing this, turn left. You need to cross to the right side of the road. Walk for maybe two minutes and you will pass a supermarket. Contiue and toy will see a black sign with wit hwriting that says "Super Live Theatre Takadanobaba AREA" The venue is downstairs. So there you have it. Good luck...

by R. rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/10/23 16:10
Okay, thanks for the hints!

By the way, do you know if it's possible to buy tickets for shows at the entry? I want to see Versailles on December 23rd in Shibuya, but it seems that tickets are only available by phone or by Internet, and I'm not skilled enough to negotiate a ticket in Japanese. What should I do?
by Yane kun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread