Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

refrigerator comes with apartment? 2008/10/24 12:10
I have been searching a few real-estate websites, and I've been trying to determine whether apartments come with a washer and dryer and also a refrigerator. I know the kitchen always has a spot for a frig, but will I have to purchase it on my own? I'm guessing I will have to purchase. How much do they cost? Are good used ones available? Also, same question about washers and dryers. Does an apartment typically have a spot for one? (I had a small over/under washer-dryer combo in my Japanese house as a military spouse years ago, but the house was very Westernized so I don't know if that is the norm.) Finally, if I do end up with an apartment without one, where is laundry done and how much does it cost? Thanks for all the great advice so far!
by azvlr  

Fridges, etc. 2008/10/24 16:23
Most apartments don't come with anything. There is usually always a spot for a washing machine (unless the apartment is very small and cheap), but probably not for a separate dryer. That would just depend on the apartment.
I have seen many apartments (in the country areas) that come with a small fridge, but the majoirty don't.
They range in prices so it depends on the size you want. Second hand fridges are a lot cheaper, starting from around 5000 yen for a small fridge. Look around at both second hand and new shops as prices will cary, and also remember to find out about delivery as that will add to the price. Some of the larger retailers may do it very cheap and so buying a new one might end up being not much more expensive than a second hand one.
by Smoke rate this post as useful

no need for a dryer... 2008/10/24 18:58
Very few Japanese households have dryers. Most people hang out their washing to dry- it's cheaper, and better for the environment.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread