Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Monkey Waiters 2008/10/25 15:35
I need to know where and how to get to a sake house called Kayabukiya tavern which is famous for the monkey waiter. Can foreigners drink in that Teven? From youtube videos it seems like all menu are japanese. If I go to a sake house what is recommended for me to order part from sake. Thanks!
by Davy  

Utsunomiya 2008/10/26 16:40
None of the foreign media give more information than that the tavern is in Utsunomiya, north of Tokyo.

Can foreigners drink in that Teven? From youtube videos it seems like all menu are japanese.
Foreigners can of course drink there and indeed, usually the menu in places like this is all in Japanese. Just look what the people on the table next to you are having and pick what looks okay to you. Usually works wonders as the name on the menu more often than not doesn't mean anything to a non-local in any case. :-)
by Kappa rate this post as useful

answer on another forum 2008/10/27 15:08
An answer can be found in the following forum.

www.cracked.com/forums/index.php?topic=38747.msg971666

However, the address and map references are all in Japanese. Just from looking at the map, I don't think it's walking distance from the train station. Anybody out there familiar with the public transport system in Utsunomiya?
by quiche rate this post as useful

Working Hours 2008/10/28 21:08
Thanks guys for responds. According to google map its 3km walk from station. But I've read from wiki that the monkeys work 2 hours per day. Anyone know what time of the day they work?
by Davy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread