Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best Japanese PC 2008/10/28 13:15
What's considered to be the best Japanese PC brand? I want a laptop. I'm looking at NEC, which is hard to find in America. Right now I'm stuck with an HP Pavilion.

I'm hoping to travel there after I graduate so I can go to Bic Camera and get it..
by UreshiiMiko  

Toss up 2008/10/28 19:22
I think it's a toss up between Toshiba Quosmio or something and Sony Vaio. BTW, the only difference between Japanese and American laptops are the keyboard-still qwery but with slight changes on layout of other characters and the os which is in japanese (no english). Unless you partition your drive for an English OS, using an English OS invalidates the warranty.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/28 19:31
Yea... I've used Japanese computers before. I had to get used to the keyboard... but dealt with it.

When I went computer shopping in Japan, compared to America it seemed more advanced. All the screens looked crisp, they had more color choices... the NEC desktops had HD with TV on it. and were compact like Mac desktops.

I didn't look at the computer stats. But they sure looked fancier.
by UreshiiMiko rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/29 03:18
It is up to you what is best.

If you want a fully-featured but lightest (under 1kg) laptop, Panasonic
(Let's Note) is the only choice.

If you want a gorgeous laptop, Toshiba or NEC is a safe choice.

If you want a cutting-edge model that other manufacturers can never
follow, Sony may satisfy you (but it may get out of order in a year...)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread