Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Area Rail Pass 2008/11/1 10:28
Hi all, I'm staying in Kyoto for a couple of months next year. I'm looking at buying the 4-day Kansai Area Pass so I can visit Himeji, Nara, Osaka and Kobe, however I'd like to extend this over a longer period of time (preferably 8 days or so). Is it possible to buy 2 Kansai Area Passes and if so, would it be cheaper than some other kind of pass?
by Zhienko  

... 2008/11/1 12:08
If you purchase the pass inside Japan, there is a limit of one pass per person, but if you purchase them outside of Japan, there is no limit:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_03.html

would it be cheaper than some other kind of pass?

No, most likely the JR passes would be considerably more expensive than regular tickets. The JR West Kansai Pass is only useful for the side trip to Himeji and if you want to use the Haruka train between Kansai Airport and Kyoto. Otherwise, regular tickets, prepaid cards and day passes are likely to come cheaper and more convenient.

Note that the JR pass is not valid on subways and buses, which are the main means of getting around Kyoto and Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread