Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ramen 2008/11/3 10:24
I am confused about the nutrition in ramen. Some people say that they are unhealthy since they are fried, other say that they are healthy and are not fried. Which is true?
by Amy  

Re: Ramen 2008/11/3 21:23
I don't think the ramen noodles are fried at all, but at the same time I don't think that the ramen dish you typically buy in Japan is particularly healthy as it is rather high in carbs, fat and salt (natrium, or sodium as you may know it)
by Kappa rate this post as useful

. 2008/11/4 03:53
Ramen in ramen restaurants is not fried. Most instant ramen is fried.

Anyway, generally speaking ramen is not considered a very healthy food, but delicious foods are often unhealthy :-)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Ramen Noodles ROCK! 2008/11/4 12:47
I'm seriously addicted to them. At least the one's we have here in the US. And not the cup ones it has to be the ones in the wrapper. yum...I don't care if they're healthy or not. If you seriously love eating something we don't really care if they're healthy right? Such as I love spinach a lot, but a lot of people hate it. I don't know why.
by JVT rate this post as useful

Yeah! 2008/11/4 18:47
Momofuku Ando, inventor of instant ramen, ate ramen everyday until he died at the age of 96.
Who said ramen is bad for your health? :-p
by Hiro rate this post as useful

Ramen 2008/11/25 07:06
After having ramen in Ramen Alley in Hokkaido, it was so great, who cares if it is healthy or not?
The stuff you get in the little plastic wrapper in the States is no where near as good but you can make it better by adding ingrediants such as cabbage, onions, boiled egg, nori, cooked pork, etc..
by cf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread