Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Red Cliff 2008/11/4 07:49
John Woo's Red Cliff is now playing in theaters in Japan. I want to see it but AFAIK it's in Mandarin with Japanese subtitles. Does anyone know where I could see it with English subtitles?
by Densha  

... 2008/11/4 08:23
Where in Japan are you located?
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/4 09:05
I just saw Red Cliff on Saturday. It was only showing with Japanese Subtitles or dubbed into Japanese.

Since my Japanese comprehension is low, I familiarized myself with the story beforehand and brought a copy of the wikipedia article with me to refer to during the movie. The storyline was pretty easy to follow this way.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

In Tokyo 2008/11/4 09:06
I'm in Tokyo. I thought about going to see it at the Tokyo International Film Festival but the ads didn't say anything about English subtitles, just Japanese subtitles. I'd rather see it on a big screen than rent a DVD.
by Densha rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/4 09:09
Also, I will be released worldwide in 2009 in english. However, the two 2hour movies will be condensed down to one 2.5 hr movie so there will be a lot cut out of that version.

Blue Ray 2008/11/4 21:03
It's already out in blu ray dvd with English title but I was hoping to see it in a theater. Oh, well. :(
by Densha rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/5 10:05
the 2009 release will be shown in theaters, but again since it is cut down it probably isn't what you want to see.

reply to this thread