Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo over New Years 2008 2008/11/5 14:33
Hi there! I am going to be visiting Tokyo Dec. 31-Jan 4th. My hotel is right near the Tokyo Tower. Does anyone have suggested places to visit or things to do during this time? I am particularly interested in figuring out what to do for New Years Eve. In the States it's always a big party, but from what I have read, in Japan it's a time more often spent with family and close friends. Since my family is not in Japan, are there recommendations of things to do New Years Eve in Tokyo?
by Dakotasocr5  

. 2008/11/5 23:37
Go to the Tokyo Tower area, every year near the Temple they have a big countdown celebration, the lights of Tokyo Tower turn off and light back up for new year, people release thousands of balloons into the air at midnight.

Afterwards I guess if you are a party type, Roppongi isn't far away by train (which runs on intermitted schedules, but all night for New Year only).
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread