Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sushi bar in Tsukiji 2008/11/6 18:43
We just visited the Tsukiji Fish Market today, There was a long line at each of the previously posted restaurants, Daiwa and Sushi Den (?). Since the wait was long, we just went to Yamazaki Sushi in between the two, and we were the only customers for the first 10 minutes. But the sushi was excellent (we thought). Why are the other two so much more popular than the Yamazaki or the other sushi bars in the area?
by Mari  

. 2008/11/6 22:04
I've been to Daiwa before and it really is much better than a lot of the other Tsukiji shops.

To me, the biggest difference is that the fish is 'cut' very professionally, also the rice is barely sticking together. When I mention the cutting of the fish slices, when you've had enough sashimi/sushi you'll notice that all the top shops cut it quite thick, yet one side seems to have a tail, and you can imagine somewhere along the cutting they did a twist of the knife to give it that 3 dimensional look.

Fish quality wise, they're all much of the same in Tsukiji. Daiwa has better Tuna Toros.

Cannot compare it to the shop you mentioned as I probably haven't been there before. However I've been to many shops in that area (forgotten most of the names over).

A lot of the shops have very bad quality sushi even in Tsukiji its a bit surprise! Although even the worst are still not as bad as some of the sushi train sushis elsewhere that are not even edible!! Yuck.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread