Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weather check 2008/11/9 11:16
We're leaving for Japan in 1 week's time and seeing and hearing different versions of weather for Tokyo.

Checked a couple of websites and forecast is in the range of 15-20 degree celsius high 9-14 degree celsius low. A couple of people told me it's a max of 9 and low of 4 degree in mid and late Nov.

It's quite difficult to decide what jacket to bring with such variations! Could someone advise on the temperatures for Tokyo, Yuzawa, Kyoto and Osaka?

Also, I saw that there are days that will shower. Would the rain be heavy and long? Should we prepare umbrellas and raincoats? Need to reschedule Disneyland if it forecasts rain?

Thanks a heap!
by lsee  

... 2008/11/9 11:57
The weather cannot be accurately predicted for more than 2-3 days.

I list below the average daytime high and nighttime low temperatures for November 20. The actual temperatures typically fluctuate by around +/- 5 degrees.

Tokyo:
Daytime high: 16 degrees
Nighttime low: 9 degrees

Yuzawa (Niigata Prefecture):
Daytime high: 11 degrees
Nighttime low: 3 degrees

Kyoto and Osaka are very similar to Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Great! 2008/11/9 12:39
Thanks, Uji.
by lsee rate this post as useful

not that cold! 2008/11/9 14:46
A range of 9 high and 4 low is more like January than November. The weather is usually clear in November, but it may rain, either drizzle or hard as at any time of the year. Bring a small folding umbrella anyway- I never travel without one unless I am going to the desert!
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread