Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Apartments in Kyoto 2008/11/21 20:24
Hi again,

We are looking into apartments in Kyoto, but have only really found one company that offers them - the Japan stay club. Has anyone heard any reports, good or bad about these people?

Also, what about the Palace side hotel in Kyoto for a couple with a small child?

Cheers,

Sarah
by Sarah  

in Kyoto 2008/11/23 07:25
There was a post about the Japan stay club in Tokyo a while back and people were happy about the staff. The prices are really good but there is a 7 days minimum stay. I would pay a bit extra for a place with a Japanese style bathroom (with the tub and shower in one "wet" room and toilet and sink in separate areas as in the Gosho South, unlike the Shijo Karasuma that has a small bath with all the fixtures in one room). Staying there give you a feel of the small apartments for single Japanese with a low income. The Palace side hotel look very nice. great location, a laundromat etc. It is basically a budget business hotel (2 stars in Europe) but, if you stay for 7 days, the Japan stay club may be cheaper and with the convenience of a mini-kitchen and own washing machine. But then are you willing to shop for groceries in stores that don't quite sell the same stuff as in Europe/ North America and are you willing to cook after sightseeing all day long? Both the Gosho South apt and the Palace side hotel are close to one another and close to the Imperial Palace (hence their names)
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Palace Side Hotel 2008/11/23 20:59
I've stayed at the Palace Side Hotel for a couple of nights.

The rooms were rather worn out, but my only real complaint would be that you hear all the noise from the hallways in your room. It was somewhat annoying at night and might scare small children.

But overall I liked the atmosphere better than at the other business hotels I've stayed at. The hotel is smoke free, and there's a big lobby with a restaurant, internet and other services, and one could actually consider spending time there instead of going directly to the room. There were a lot of foreign tourists, and the staff spoke good English.
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

duo inn 2008/11/24 21:05
i'm not sure if this is exactly what your looking for, but i stayed there for a month and enjoyed it. it becomes cheaper the longer you stay and has a buch of different room types. if you have your own laptop then there's free internet. well check it out at www.duo-inn.com
by person123 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread