Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

84000 Yen enough to spend 30 days ? 2008/11/22 07:35
Hi there,
I plan to spend the whole March in Japan. My budget was 360000Yen, minus the flight ticket, the japan railpass and the accommodation for 30 days, there is 84000Yen left on my budget. Is this enough money to spend 30 days including food, drinking and sightseeing in Japan?

Do you have any suggestions on where to visit the most ? So to say the 'must sees' of Japan ?

Best regards
Syphire
by Syphire  

... 2008/11/22 12:43
It is not much money at all, especially when considering that the Japan Rail Pass is unlikely to cover all of your transportation. You will have to save on food wherever you can and look out for sights that can be enjoyed for free.
by Uji rate this post as useful

No 2008/11/22 13:28
It's barely enough to eat well.
by RodW rate this post as useful

no 2008/11/22 13:52
that is not enough. you need more money if you don't have free accommodation.
i recommend not going to japan with that little money, or shorten your trip to about 15 days.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

ok 2008/11/22 19:39
Good to know. So I better keep saving some more money. How much do you think is necassary for one month or should I shorten it to a 21 days visit ?
by Syphire rate this post as useful

not enough 2008/11/22 20:57
You need at least Yen 7000 a day for food, drink, bus, subway, entrance-fees etc etc, otherwise you can only, eat sandwiches from a 7/11, McDonalds or Burger King, drink cans from a vending-machine and walk a lot.
by Bert rate this post as useful

i hope this helps! 2008/11/24 08:47
Hi there!

The amount that you want to spend (and how much you need to save) really depends on what you want to buy and the quality of the things you want.

Say if you want to buy a kimono, even a second hand costs at least 9000 yen!

If you want to get a general idea of some pricings of things in Japan, go to the lonely planet website! It has lots of good information; you may also want to look at the lonely planet guide books for where you are going, they are a great source of information, especially prices!

I hope this helped!

Bonnie-Rose!
(this was posted by me in another topic... but i thought it might help here too)
by Bonnie-Rose rate this post as useful

nowhere near enough 2008/11/24 09:00
84,000 would be a tight budget even for 2 weeks, let alone double that amount of time.

For 30 days, it would have given you 2,800 yen a day- I don't know which country you're from, maybe it's much cheaper than Japan, but how much sightseeing and eating out would you be able to do in your own city on that amount? I'm guessing not very much.

Look at a bare minimum of 5,000 yen a day, so at least 105,000 for 21 days. You won't really be doing much shopping or drinking with that budget though I'm afraid. As above, 7,000 per day for a bit more leeway.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread