Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Combination Ticket (1000yen) 2008/11/23 10:15
May i know where can i purchase this combination ticket (1000yen) which includes admission to Toshogu, Rinnoji, Taiyuinbyo and Futarasan Shrine? I plan to purchase All Nikko Pass, but this pass doesn't include the admission to these shrines or temples.
Thank you.
by Susan  

... 2008/11/23 12:01
It is available at several ticket counters close to the attractions. Difficult to miss and no reason to worry.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/11/24 09:21
Ok. Besides, how long is the distance of Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail? Is it suitable for hiking during end of Nov? Thank you very much :)
by Susan rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/24 14:32
Besides, how long is the distance of Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail?

About 2 to 2.5 hours.

Is it suitable for hiking during end of Nov?

If the trail is covered by snow, it will be difficult to walk, but usually there is no snow yet in late November.

The landscape will be rather barren, which most people consider less attractive than a lush or colorful landscape, although, also a barren landscape can be enjoyable.

Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail 2008/11/29 21:56
Thank you very much, Uji! If i would like to go for Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail hiking, where should i start? Is it get off at Ryuzu-no-taki bus stop and start from here until Yudaki Fall? ( However, I cannnot find Ryuzu-no-taki bus stop in this time table http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/area/pdf/2008_nikko_fuyu.pdf ) If yes, where can I take the bus back to Tobu-Nikko station from there?
by Susan rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/30 07:56
I recommend to walk between Ryuzu-no-taki and Yumoto Onsen town, which is a few hundred meters beyond Yunotaki Falls, so that you can also see Lake Yunoko and Yumoto town.

The timetable that you linked does not show all stops along the way. Ryuzu no taki is close to the stop called Ҋl.

Prices go ever upward.... 2008/11/30 08:12
Incidentally, the combination ticket has been raised to 1300 yen.
by Nicholas rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/30 08:16
I don't think that the price of the combination ticket has been raised. But 1300 yen happens to be the cost of a regular ticket for Toshugu Shrine (which provides access to all parts of the shrine). Could it be that you confuse the two?

. 2008/11/30 09:37
Ah, I see there are a couple different definitions of the "combination ticket" out there. 1300 includes the Rinnoji garden and treasure house, in addition to the other locations. Buying the combination ticket at Rinnoji (on the plaza immediately northwest of the garden), they only offer that version:
http://i36.tinypic.com/234sbr.jpg
by Nicholas rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/30 16:05
That's interesting. I guess that the 1300 yen ticket is only available at the place where you took the photo. Everywhere else, the "combination ticket" refers to the 1000 yen one, which does not include Rinnoji garden and treasure house. Its price remains at 1000 yen.

reply to this thread