Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to dress baby in winter in tokyo 2008/11/24 10:57
we will staying for about 2 weeks in tokyo, i have never been to winter in tokyo with a one year old baby, any advise how to dress her? we will mostly go to disneyland or do some sightseeing, thanks
by ani  

how to dress baby in winter in tokyo 2008/11/24 17:21
Ani
If u are going to disney, pack some warm clothes for your baby. I was there in Fen 2008, it was so chilling that I didn't really enjoy my trip. Imagine you are out in the open except for indoor rides. Bring some heat pad too. Wear 2 layer of socks too.

Hope you enjoy.
by Irene rate this post as useful

. 2008/11/24 17:34
The way people dress their babies seems to differ greatly depending on the culture.

In recent years, parents in Japan have been encouraged to dress their babies with flexibility. For example, you can dress the baby with warm clothes, but once you go indoors to shops and restaurants, being overly dressed will cause the baby to sweat and when you go out again, the sweat will chill the baby making him/her catch diseases.

Typically, parents here in Japan are told to dress the baby lightly and carry a warm jacket to wear over it. That way you can take the jacket on and off depending on the climate or temprature. Also in Japan, babies are encouraged to stay bare-footed, for sake of their health and safety, but that seems to differ greatly depending on the country.

Keep in mind that the Pacific side of Japan, including TDL, can become very warm in sunny days in winter. But then, at places like TDL where it is near the ocean and where there are vast open spaces, the wind tends to get harsh.

On a related note, baby buggy rentals are available at TDL. Also the staff are very helpful to those with small children, so don't hesitate to ask them for assistance.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to the answer 2008/11/25 08:17
Thank you for all the replies, it was very helpfull...
by ani rate this post as useful

reply to this thread