Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nursing home facilities standards 2008/11/24 12:23
Does Japan have an existing regulations or law governing nursing home facilities? What is the minimum standard of nursing home facilities in Japan?
by Robert  

LTC homes 2008/11/25 04:56
Japan is one of the most advanced countries in the world so yes they have laws and standards about Nursing homes..I work in a Long Term Care home in Canada (formerly called a nursing home) and the Japanese ones I have visited are similar to our Canadian non-profit ones. For-profit LTC facilities in Canada go from luxurious ones that charge a lot every month but ask residents to leave (when they start needing too much care) to very plain ones that provide the most basic services. I noticed that the few Japanese LTC homes I visited have lots of staff (low paid young women) as residents need a lot of help with eating,walking,dressing etc. The rooms were not too different from the Canadian ones I know, with hospital beds, ceiling-mounted lifts over the beds etc. Of course toilets, as in most Japanese homes and hotels, are a bidet+ toilet combination operated by a remote control, something that would be great to have in North America.
by Red frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread