Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dotonbori foodoutlets open for Breakfast 2008/11/25 19:41
hi there,
Is Dotombori Food Outlets at Osaka Nipponbashi area open for Breakfast? what do they serve?
I'm going to Osaka next month and hotel booking do not include breakfast. Pls help.
by Angeline Sng  

.......... 2008/11/27 02:42
There's a McDonalds and Starbucks there. But not many places are open until lunch. I always skipped breakfast and ate lunch. I really don't like Japanese breakfast food.
by Beto rate this post as useful

breakfast in Dotombori 2008/11/27 05:30
lots of places in Japan sell Western type breakfast: eggs with ham and toast, or pancakes etc. Many of these places even have a sign "breakfast set" in English. these places are often found near a railway station. Near Dotombori there is the Namba Nankai rail station. there are lots of stores and restaurants around it.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Lots of places 2008/11/30 11:22
There are heaps of coffee shops open for breakfast throughout Japan. We found some good ones at Namba Park, right near Namba Station. We saw many people stopping for coffee & something to eat on their way to work. You didn't say that you were specifically looking for western style breakfast, if not, its really worthwhile trying japanese style breakfast. (Rice, grilled fish, egg, miso soup and sometimes it is a mix with western style, which can include bacon, sausages, etc and almost always includes a small salad) Also note patisseries are also quite popular, and some also sell coffee. Another idea is to buy pastries or food the day before in large department store (there is one at Namba Station), and have in your hotel room. Most hotels provide coffee and japanese tea. Don't worry you definitely don't have to skip breakfast.
by traceyk rate this post as useful

Umeda 2008/11/30 15:56
Up the Umeda end of Osaka, opposite the JR Osaka station at the entrance to the enormous Yodobashi Camera store, we found a French patisserie,( "Vive le France" I think from memory) which had great savory and sweet pastries, coffee, juice etc and was very reasonably priced: we sat and ate inside, then took extras with us for munchies during the day. It was really convenient: a quick stop off before going into the chaos of the JR Osaka station...
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread