Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How easy is it to change euros to yen 2008/11/26 16:20
I am travelling to Japan from Spain and wondered if anyone new how easy it was to exchange euros to yen. The spanish banks have told me I will bet a better exchange rate if I wait until I get to Japan. I fly to the UK first so dont know if it is easier to exchange to GBP and then yen. Does anyone have any advice please.
by Phil  

No Problem At ALL 2008/11/26 20:05
It is very easy to exchange Euro to JPY at any international airport or, what is called, currency shop.
http://www.tokyo-card.co.jp/shop/wcs-shop-e.html

The most advantageous way should be international ATM service,though.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

Once only 2008/11/26 20:10
Phil, do not make multiple exchanges. You will most likely be charged a percentage each time. You should be able to check the exchange rates on the net for all the banks both locally and in the UK. I always do my exchange in Australia before I travel but from reading this site the Americans seem to do better in Japan. I honestly have no idea where it would be best to exchange Euros. Try to find an exchange company that does not charge commissions. We certainly have them here in Australia at very competitive rates...not much help to you but they do exist.
by RodW rate this post as useful

no problem 2008/11/26 22:24
Changing money more than once you will lose out on any commission charged more than once as well.

The euro is a fully convertible currency and Japan is a developed country, so there is no reason for you to think you will have any trouble.
by Sira rate this post as useful

post office 2008/11/26 23:36
you can also change euros to yen at any of the "larger" post offices in Japan.
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Hi 2008/11/27 04:23
i think now the excange rate is not good for euros into yen.it is advise to wait until the last days before you fligh for japan,in japan the excange rates it is a little not so good compare from your country,but it is very easy to change euros into yen in japan.(post office and in the airport )
by nick rate this post as useful

reply to this thread