Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Non Reserved Seat 2008/12/1 17:33
Hello, I will be purchasing JR ticket soon fo rmy trip to Japan on the 19/12/08. Just thinking if i should reserve my seat to Sendai because not if i would be able to make it for the scheduled shinkansen? What if I don't reserve,does that mean I will not get a seat and stand for 4 hrs. Pls advise. Domo Arigato
by Lin  

... 2008/12/1 19:44
Where do you travel from? Narita Airport? Tokyo? Somewhere else?

Unless you travel during a very busy travel season, such as December 26 to January 4, then you should have no problems either making a seat reservation or find a seat in an unreserved car.

In case you travel from Tokyo to Sendai, note that all seats on the fastest trains (named hayate and komachi) require a reservation, but that the slightly slower trains (named yamabiko) have also unreserved seating.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hayate and Komachi 2008/12/1 19:51
The Hayate and Komachi trains are reservation only, and those would be the shinkansen to take if you're travelling from Tokyo as they are a bit faster.

Note that, unlike the Nozomi to the south of Tokyo, the Hayate and Komachi can be used by JR Rail Pass holders.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread