Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Top 5 2008/12/2 16:52
I have 1 full day in Kyoto with my 2 teenage daughters and was wondering the top 5 places to visit in the region.

Also the best places to eat cheap traditional food

Many Thanks
by FBS  

... 2008/12/2 18:26
The following are the highest rated Kyoto attractions by japan-guide.com users:
1. Kiyomizudera
2. Fushimi Inari Shrine
3. Kokedera
4. Kinkakuji
5. Sanjusangendo

More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2158.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/12/3 20:01
Thankyou for the information.

Greatly appreciated.

by FBS rate this post as useful

top 5 2008/12/6 03:39
My personal top 5 is in random order:
- Kinkakuji
- Eikando
- Nijo castle
- Tofukuji
- Kiyomizudera

Of course, there are many, many more beautiful places in Kyoto, as Uji said, Kokedera is also beautifull, but in your case very difficult because you have to make a reservation to visit this great place, Sanjunsangendo is very famous and one-of-a-kind but imho if you one have one day, I wouldn't visit this place. The places I mentioned are quite big and offer a large variety of temples, a castle and shrines
by Bert rate this post as useful

Shopping 2008/12/6 04:07
We are talking about teenage daughters and no one has mentioned shopping!! There are lots of fabulous shops in the Kawaramachi dori area.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

shopping 2008/12/6 05:45
One great shopping area are the 2 pedestrians-only shopping streets, with a roof, that start close to the Takashimaya store but on the other side of Karasuma dori.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

shopping streets 2008/12/6 05:53
please check: daviding.com/blog/index.php/archive/teramachi-street-nishiki-market-shin-kyogoku-arcade-kyoto/
the pedestrian arcades are Teramachi and Shin-kyogoku, and another covered street, the Nishiki food market,intersect them.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Gion Corner 2008/12/6 08:05
And if you're staying the night, for an evening activity you might consider Gion Corner which has brief samples of Bunraku, Gagaku and other Japanese performance art. You'll have time to walk around Gion too and with luck see Maiko strolling.
by Tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread