Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Extending Tourist visum for 2 weeks 2008/12/3 00:47
Since I will be on my second tourist visum from januari until march, I would like to stay a bit longer so I can go to a friends' wedding. The leaving date would be postponed to somewhere around two weeks after my visum would expire, but in the worst case any extension as little as a week would be welcome. I've been reading up on the internet and have read mixed stories about whether this is possible. Anyone that can share more info? Also, if I changed my story a bit would that increase my chances? I could say I need to take a test in school but I'm afraid they will want to check my papers, which I can't provide.. I'm really desperate for a solution, as I would like to stay just that little bit longer.

Anyone know anything about if this is possible?
by John  

Tourist visa extension 2008/12/3 10:52
John,

It is possible for citizens of certain countries (e.g. UK) to extend tourist visas by 3 months, but are you saying that you want to extend a second time beyond that?
I don't think that is possible except in dire emergencies, but you have nothing to lose by asking Immigration. Another option would be to leave the country briefly and return for the wedding.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Tourist visa 2008/12/3 21:43
Don't say you need to take a test in school- if you are studying and need longer than 90 days Immigration would expect you to have a student visa.

As Dave says, extensions are not often given. Flying or taking a ferry to Korea for a day or two is one option although it's not guaranteed you will be allowed back into Japan.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread