Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

george foreman grill in japan 2008/12/3 01:21
i want to take my george foreman grill to japan when I move there next week. it uses 120V, 60 Hz, 1000 Watts. I'll be in tokyo. my understanding is that for small things there is no problem, but for this I need a converter/transformer or something so that it gets hot enough to cook.

is this true? and where can I buy one once I get to japan. Also, I don't know much about power consumption, but will the 1000 watts be a problem?

thanks,
-adam
by adam phillips  

should be fine 2008/12/3 16:30
Adam,

I currently own a similar George Foreman grill purchased in the US which I can use with no issues here in Tokyo. Some of my friends think their 120v 60hz appliances from home don't get as hot (grills, hair straighteners), but I haven't noticed this with the grill. The only issue I have had with bringing electronics/appliances to Japan from the US is that my US alarm clock didn't keep proper time when plugged into the outlet in my Tokyo apartment

Good luck!
by alynn627 rate this post as useful

thanks, any more? 2008/12/6 04:07
thanks for the info. I hope I get similar results.

if there are any more george foreman grillers out there, let me know how things fair in tokyo.
by adam phillips rate this post as useful

gfg 2008/12/6 19:22
i didn't bring my george foreman because i thought it wouldn't work here. damn!well i can grab it when i go back.
by fsr20det rate this post as useful

reply to this thread