Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR pass ... 2008/12/3 06:57
I plan to visit Tokyo and Kyoto, for 10 days. what kind of ticket do i need to buy? whats the cost from narita airport to the city, and whats the cost of a daily pass and does it includes all transportation in tokyo?
by vered  

details 2008/12/3 11:16
Please provide a daily breakdown of your itinerary. It is needed to give you the best ticket options.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Tickets 2008/12/3 16:44
I will arrive to Tokyo on the 11/12/08. I'm planing to leave Japan on the 21 or 22/12/08. I plan to stay in Tokyo something like 5 days, that go to Kyoto for 2-3 days and come back to Tokyo for a day or 2 and fly back home. I'm flying stand by in all my flights because I'm airline employee, so the dates can be change...
by vered rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/3 17:34
For the long-distance travel (between Tokyo and Kyoto), if you make the Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo roundtrip within a 7-day period, then a 7-day Japan Rail (JR) Pass pays off already. If you can arrange your travel dates so that Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo - Narita airport all within a 7-day period, that would be nicer.

Maybe upon your arrivel at Narita, you can buy NEX Suica package (a combined, well-discounted ticket for the inbound Narita - Tokyo trip on JR Narita Express and a Suica prepaid card that you can use around Tokyo for short-distance trips on either JR or subways), reload the Suica card for use during your Tokyo stay, or if you are making a day-trip out of Tokyo (to Kamakura, for example) on JR trains, you can already activate your JR Pass to make that trip. In any case, activate the Japan Rail Pass for the trip to Kyoto, use local buses and subways in Kyoto (not covered by JR Pass), then use the JR Pass for the way back to Tokyo, use JR Pass for JR train travel around Tokyo (use Suica for subways), then take Narita Express (this time on JR Pass) back to Narita airport.
by ... rate this post as useful

:) 2008/12/3 17:51
thank you very much :)
by vered rate this post as useful

reply to this thread