Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which onsen 2008/12/7 00:01
Hi,
Has anyone been to Ginzan Onsen in Yamagata? What activities or places to look out for. I am not sure which one to go as compare to Ikaho Onsen in Gunma Pref.I will be in Japan in Jan 09. One advise will be appreciated.
by Florence  

... 2008/12/7 08:32
Has anyone been to Ginzan Onsen in Yamagata?

Yes, I have been.

What activities or places to look out for.

There is not too much to do besides staying overnight at a ryokan, enjoy the bath and meals and stroll the town. There is a small mining tunnel a short walk behind the town from the time when Ginzan ("silver mountain") was still used for mining.

I am not sure which one to go as compare to Ikaho Onsen in Gunma Pref.

Ikaho has more to do and is easier to access from Tokyo. But Ginzan is more picturesque.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Miyagi pref 2008/12/7 23:31
Thanks Uji for your respond I also have this Naruko Onsen in mind. Have you been to this one? Is the winter secenery great in this mountain area worth to make a stop over for a night as I will be taking the train from Shinjo to Furukawa before going to Sendai the next day. If you have any advise or suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
by Florence rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/8 07:04
I also have this Naruko Onsen in mind. Have you been to this one?

No, I have not been there yet.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread