Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Non teaching job in Kansai area 2008/12/7 19:09
Hi, I am living in osaka at the moment but dont really enjoy teaching english.
Can anyone recommend any places I can get some odd jobs?

Thank You
by Damien  

wwoof 2008/12/8 11:12
try wwoof. search google for wwoof japan.

most of the hosts there don't pay but you can usually work something out by email in regards to payment in exchange for working normal hours instead of part time hours. most of the jobs would be in "inaka" places so keep it in mind. you'll want a scooter, car, or some other transportation if you plan on doing that for long.

if you have a degree then search for something related to your studied field.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Thank You 2008/12/15 16:42
thanks, I have seen the WOOF website before, but the part about not getting paid did put me off, i would like to try something out like that if it did pay, would it have to be long term? or is just a couple of weeks or so ok?

I am also interested in general work, like factory work in the osaka area, I asked a recruiting company for short term work but they asked for a contract proving residency in osaka and bills, may take some time:(
by Damien rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/15 17:38
Damien,

Are you currently teaching English in Japan but not enjoying it?

If that's the case (for which I feel sorry for you but) beware of what kind of work you are allowed to do under the current visa you have. Forgive me for assuming as much (for example, if you are on a spouse visa that is no problem) but I just thought I might remind you.
by ... rate this post as useful

reply to this thread