Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation from Narita 2008/12/9 03:47
This is the first time for us to Japan, we'd like to have some help.
From Narita airport, how can we get into Westin hotel (1-4-1 Mita, Meguro- Ku)with large luggage? I know that there are JR and bus, which is the best?
And then from that hotel, how can I get into Shijuru area?
Many thanks for your help.
Kim
by Kim Nguyen  

. 2008/12/9 09:44
I'd suggest you to head from NRT to Westin Tokyo by limousine bus. It's a door to door service and you don't have to be concerned about what to do with your luggage en route unlike by train.

Limousine and Metro ticket:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/guide/l_m_pass.htm

Timetable:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/timetable/narita/shinagawa_...
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Limousine bus ticket used 2008/12/10 01:40
Thank for the link to limousin bus.
We will be in Narita Airport around 4pm, it 'll take an hour to go through the custom. Should the limousin bus ticket use for 1 way to hotel and the metro or bus next day?
by Kim Nguyen rate this post as useful

Naraita Limo Bus 2008/12/10 03:54
You can buy a one-way ticket for the bus inside the airport for 3,000 yen (about $30). There are boarding depots right outside each terminal. It's very easy, and and it will take you about 2 hours at that time of day to reach your hotel. Your hotel can reserve a return bus and sell you a ticket if you leave from Tokyo to go back to Naraita. It's much easier than the train, especially with luggage as they'll handle your bags for you, and worth the extra money even if you have a rail pass.
by Nihiki Neko rate this post as useful

air ticket from Osaka 2008/12/11 01:32
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have another question for you.
We'll coming back to Tokyo from Osaka and then to catch the fly by JAL to Vietnam in the afternoon.
How can we buy the air ticket form Osaka to Tokyo from the US? And which airport will the JAL arrive- Narita or Haneda?
Thanks

Osaka-Narita 2008/12/11 03:28
For the trip Osaka to Narita, did you consider taking the train? by the time you go from your hotel in Osaka to the airport, wait for maybe 1hr, fly, then go from Haneda to Narita it takes the same time as a train from Shin-Osaka to Shinagawa then one from there to Narita. I know that London -Paris by train is actually faster than by plane (from downtown to downtown)
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

How and how much time 2008/12/11 04:45
Would you please tell me how to get from Haneda to Narita (not by limousin bus) and much time?
Many thanks
Kim

to Narita 2008/12/11 06:52
Try www.hyperdia.com for all trains schedules and prices. I agree with another poster that taking the plane will not save you more time than the trains--actually both take the same time, about 4 1/2 hrs, but this is your choice...
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

By train with luggages? 2008/12/11 07:27
I see what you mean, but with luggage for 2 people, are they convinent to take with us?

I'd recommend you to fly. 2008/12/11 11:24
"Should the limousin bus ticket use for 1 way to hotel and the metro or bus next day?"

Yes, you could do so.
The Metro one day ticket is valid for 6 months after purchase.

--- --- ---

As you're flying with JAL, you can fly from Osaka Itami or Kansai to Tokyo Haneda for 10,000 yen, though it depends on when you travel.
http://gutereise09.blogspot.com/2008/07/japan-airpass.html
(Oneworld Visit Japan Fare)

From Haneda to Narita, you might take the limousine bus again.
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/timetable/narita/hanedaapt_...

You don't have to be concerned about what to do with your luggage all the way from Osaka to Narita on the plane and on the coach unlike by train.

trains 2008/12/11 16:50
My friend and I have a 26" inches suitcase each plus a backpack and we travel around Japan, Europe etc. by train with them without problems. Just don't travel at rush hour and reserve your seats one day or more ahead of time.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Getting from Narita to Hamamatsucho 2008/12/12 13:29
Will the limosuine bus get me to

Hotel Villa Fontaine HAMAMATSUCHO
1-6-5 Shiba Minato-ku
Tokyo, 105-001

?
by Shooter25 rate this post as useful

only the big hotels 2008/12/12 14:03
Unfortuantely the limo bus only serves the bigger hotels...
by bob the builder rate this post as useful

From Osaka to Narita airport 2008/12/13 00:27
If you have big baggage, maybe you could take a flight from Itami directly to Narita.
JAL has 2 flights a day, ANA 1.
by Ducky rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/13 00:48
A site to look for a flight:
http://flyaow.com/classamex.htm

Airport codes
ITM: Osaka Itami
KIX: Osaka Kansai
HND: Tokyo Haneda
NRT: Tokyo Narita

Narita airport 2008/12/15 03:03
I am going to take JAL to VN at 6:00 pm, is it ok to take the fly from ITM to NRT at 14:25
Thanks

. 2008/12/15 04:44
Disignated minimum connecting time:

Domestic arrival at NRT on JAL to International departure from NRT on JAL: 60 minutes

Domestic arrival at HND on JAL to International departure from NRT on JAL: 180 minutes

http://www.jal.co.jp/dom/onto/ (Japanese)

You should be fine if you can book that particular flight.
Contact JAL for airpass purcahse.

Thank you 2008/12/15 06:48
Thanks you guys for all information on bus and JAL domestic fly. That would be a big help for us. I feel very confidence now for my trip in April.

Osaka to Narita by train 2008/12/18 02:43
Osaka-Narita

For the trip Osaka to Narita, did you consider taking the train? by the time you go from your hotel in Osaka to the airport, wait for maybe 1hr, fly, then go from Haneda to Narita it takes the same time as a train from Shin-Osaka to Shinagawa then one from there to Narita. I know that London -Paris by train is actually faster than by plane (from downtown to downtown)

by Sensei 2
Hi Sensei,
I am thinking of taking the train from Osaka to Narita.
Would you please show me how to take the train and how much time?
Do the train goes directly from Osaka to Narita or I have to change to another train to get to Narita airport?
I am really appriciate your help.
Kim

reply to this thread