Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

presents for meeting my parents 2008/12/10 20:10
My Japanese bf will meet my parents and stay at their house over Xmas. I should have an idea of what he should bring but I don't!!! They don't drink alcohol or teas or really eat sweets, and both have been here so they know all about Daiso...what is a good present he can bring them that's personalized but not more than 5,000 yen?
by k  

Mitsukoshi 2008/12/11 21:04
I recently picked up some Christmas gifts at Mitsukoshi in Tokyo for some friends in the US. They were simple handmade pottery (fruit plates ?) elongated plates about 30cm x 10cm, honestly they kind of looked like what you probably made in 4th grade pottery class, but what made them exquisite was the Japanese pine box that they came in, packed in pine shavings... In the end it was something that could still go on a western dining table...with some fruit :-) 3,800Y but with the box looked like I spent 13,800...my kind of gift !
by TedinAsia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread