Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Disney trip 2008/12/13 00:31
I'll be visiting Tokyo from Dec. 25 to Jan. 1. My itinerary includes going to Tokyo Disney. However, I believe that it is crowded during the weekends & holidays. Can you suggest what's the best day to visit Disney based on my stay? Dec. 25 or any date from 12/29 to 31? thanks!
by Judd  

... 2008/12/13 09:04
You visit Tokyo during the winter school holidays. Therefore, I am afraid that it will be very crowded on every day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

What about on a weekday in April 2009/2/9 18:36
Planning to go during weekday if possible. However, is it going to be crowded during Fridays and Saturdays in April. Is there any school holidays in April?
by Ltan rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/9 19:45
Saturdays are always crowded. Fridays should be better during most of April except maybe the first one, as some schools could still be in the spring holidays.

Thanks Uji 2009/2/10 12:40
I will try to avoid going during weekends then.
by Ltan rate this post as useful

Question 2009/2/10 19:46
If I have a plan to Tokyo Disneyland on weekday, Apr 1, ...
1. Should I make a reservation online, or get a ticket in Tokyo before the day, or buy the ticket at the gate on that day?
2. Would you recommend a place to buy the ticket in Tokyo, department store or major JR station or somewhere else?
3. It's not possible to travel at DisneyLand and DisneySea on the same day, right?
by Dinon rate this post as useful

.... 2009/2/10 21:46
It is definitely possible to do both Dinseyland and Disneysea on the same day, as long as it is a weekday and not on school holidays. We did both parks on the same day about this time last year and it was definitely doable. This is because usually the parks open at 9-10am and at least one will be open late until 9-10pm, so go to the website (search through google) and check out the park hours to work out how long you can spend at each park.

However we were all about 22 years old at the time so we didn't care about seeing all the kid things at Disneyland, so we rushed fairly quickly through Disneyland and took more time at Disneysea. But the lines were short for the rides being off-peak season so that was a plus!

Cost wise it isn't cheap doing both parks in the same day as buying one ticket for one day does not allow you to park hop. You must buy 2 seperate tickets for Disneyland and Disneysea if you wish to visit them on the same day.

As it was off peak when we went we just purchased the tickets at the gate on the day. I don't know how busy it will be when you are going but when you pre-purchase tickets for the parks at JR stations or wherever else you can get them, you only get an 'exchange voucher' not an actual ticket (from what I have heard from friends anyway), so you have to line up and exchange the voucher for the actual tickets into the park on arrival anyway, so you might as well just line up early at the ticket gates and purchase them there. The only thing to be careful of is that if it is a busy day, the park may be full and not allow anyone else in, so having a pre-purchased voucher will hold your spot in the park for the designated day.

I hope that helps a bit. Sorry I am not familiar with their holidays.
by Danny (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/10 22:36
It's not possible to travel at DisneyLand and DisneySea on the same day, right?

It depends on the person. I would never do it. I find there is always enough to do for an entire day. This is especially true if it is your first visit.

I think you would also have to pay separately for each park, which would cost you more than 10,000 yen per person.

... 2009/2/10 22:37
Thanks for you information :)
by Dinon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread