Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

english Guide at himeji castle 2008/12/17 00:18
Hi,

Is there any way i can find out if there are any english volunteer guides available at Himeji castle? Or is there a schedule for volunteer guided tours posted anywhere online? Is it better to go in the morning or afternoon? I can;t seem to find anything on it online and the Lonely planet guide book states that it's a hit or miss thing.

Thanks,

asiantraveljunkie
by asiantraveljunkie  

. 2008/12/17 09:58
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I can say that you might not need one - English brochures are available and pretty much every sign and display in the entire place is bilingual Japanese/English. It's exceptionally friendly to foreign visitors.
by Nicholas rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/17 11:07
If you search old threads on this site you will find Himeji City Volunteer Guide. Not sure If that's the correct name. I used them a few years ago. Best thing I did. You treat tmen to lunch and pay for all travel expenses. Make sure you bring a nice gift for the guide. This was the email address.

hir_mamazing@hotmail.com
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

Kashi no Ki Kai 2008/12/17 11:16
This is what I found. Since you will be in Himeji, You should see Mt Shosha. It's awesome. My guide took me to both.

Kashi-no-Ki Kai
English guided tour of Himeji Castle is available with free of charge. One week prior reservation is needed for tour of ten and under people. One month for over 10. It depends on an availability of tour guides that over ten people can be guided. For application and inquiry, please e-mail to the following address.
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread