Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip from Osaka to Himeji to Kobe 2008/12/17 13:40
I'm trying to plan a day trip from Osaka to Himeji and stopping by Kobe before heading back to Osaka. Is this doable?

Also, how much travelling time am I looking for each and what are the best options in terms of transport?

I'd also like to know about the best pass to get for such a day trip.

Thanks!
by Sandra  

Yes but. 2008/12/17 15:52
You'll get tired very quickly. Friends and I did a day trip to Himeji 2007, and taking into consideration travel time from each place, we weren't back in Osaka until 6pm that afternoon, leaving early the morning. Himeji itself (the castle) is fantastic though... You certainly won't be missing out if you only see that.
by Kagetsu rate this post as useful

Kobe-Himeji 2008/12/17 16:43
Himeji is an hour or so away from Osaka and Kobe is around 25-30 minutes away from Osaka. A day trip is very doable.

You can get there by JR or Hanshin train but I do recommend Hanshin as it is cheaper than JR.

There is a Hanshin one-day ticket to Himeji - Osaka and is unlimited use between 2 station on that day. I think its about 2000yen. You can get the ticket at Hanshin Osaka station.
by ideru rate this post as useful

reply to this thread