Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how much can be done? 2008/12/22 14:21
I am heading to Japan for 8 days flying in and out of Osaka
Is there enough time to see Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima and Tokyo and how much time should I stay in each...
Thanks!
by danya  

See or enjoy 2008/12/22 14:48
Danya, I think the short answer is no. From that list I would delete Tokyo and you will then have a ( just ) comfortable amount of time for the other places. You could probably include Himeji Jo.
by RodW rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/23 15:58
If you really wanted to see each of these places you could squeeze them in but it would just give you a short time in each rather than getting to know a city/area well. Do your 8 days include the days you are flying in and out of Japan? Because that makes a big difference, so does the times you arrive and depart.

Here is an example of what you could do:
Day 1: Arrive Osaka
Day 2: Osaka
Day 3: Day trip to Kyoto
Day 4: Day trip to Hiroshima (long day)
Day 5: Catch an early train Osaka to Nara, store bags at Nara station, visit Nara before catching a later train to Tokyo
Day 6: Tokyo
Day 7: Tokyo
Day 8: (assuming you have a late flight) train back to Osaka, fly out of Osaka
by AusEz rate this post as useful

,,, 2008/12/23 16:54
I vote for RodW. Your trip to Tokyo will not be more rewarding than Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Himeji and Hirhoshima travel.
by Ts rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/23 20:27
I agree too, but just pointing out that it's not impossible. I would personally prefer to concentrate on the Kansai area and get to know it. But I also have a friend who did Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Tokyo in 6 days because he was more interested in seeing the popular touristy sights of those cities than spending the whole time in one place to get to know it. Depends on the person I guess.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

nah 2008/12/23 21:45
I'd definetly say,you just need to visit either Kyoto or Nara,as both of them are for temples and shrines,but I'd suppose that Kyoto's much more exciting;not only historical places but also nice shopping streets everywhere!
Tokyo's a bit far and Hiroshima..well that's far too.so I suggest you to be concentrate only on Kansai area this time,otherwise your trip'd be screwed!
by Yuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread