Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Muslim visitor's guide 2008/12/24 01:16
Are there any websites that contain information for muslim visitors?

For example; where halal food can be found or where mosques are located in Japan.
by azee  

Islamic Centre Japan 2008/12/25 08:03
http://www.islamcenter.or.jp/

This site contains info about basic Islamic principals, as well as locations of Halal food stores
by Sythe rate this post as useful

Assalamu Alaikum 2008/12/26 05:37
Assalamu Alaikum.

I think that it will be hard for an Islamic brother or sister in japan (but not impossible). My husband is Syrian (My husband is Muslim & I am Christian) and struggles with finding halal products in Japan. Pork is huge part of the Japanese diet and Im not too sure how much of pork derived products are in everyday products. And Im not too sure on the method used to prepare meat products. My husband finds it easier to take on a vegetarian lifestyle when we go visiting friends in Japan (most are pretty understanding). I have in all my journeys to Japan seen one other sister there and never seen a brother (not that means that there isnt any there - just a sister in Hijab stands out in Japan). But in the long run - Japan is a beautiful country with generous people and a great culture so I am sure that you would have a great trip. Drop us a line and let is know how your trip went. Salam - peace be on you and your family.
by deaks1999 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread