Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Clothes for winter in Japan 2008/12/29 22:33
Hi..my name is Man from Malaysia, actually I try to find more information about clothes for winter in Japan (Osaka) because I'm going there in January 2009. Basically I know nothing and please advise me. I try to imagine what type of clothes but unfortunately I'm failed to imagine cause my country don't have 4 seasons like Japan. Do provide me with a link if possible.
by Man  

Where in Japan? 2008/12/31 07:16
Warm trousers, a sweater and thick coat, gloves, a scarf and hat and good walking shoes. A lot depends on where in Japan you will be as the climate varies considerably from north to south and coast to coast
by Sira rate this post as useful

clothes for winter 2008/12/31 14:52
thank u Sira..

I'm going to Osaka..under JICA training program for about 21 days. So do I standby those clothes while in the plane or I can wear those clothes after I arrive at the airport...

can you all suggest what type of shoes should I wear?..I mean just ordinary shoes or special type shoes for winter?

I have a lot of questions to ask but I will ask it one by one..

by the way thanks in advance
by Man rate this post as useful

clothes 2008/12/31 20:16
Sneakers are fine. You will most likely do a lot of walking, so anything you can walk in comfortably that will keep your feet fairly warm.

As for whether you wear/take the clothes on the plane or not, it depends how cold you feel in the plane. Some planes are more strongly air-conditioned than others. I am currently on my way back from Australia to Japan (using the free internet to pass time during a 6 hour transit at Singapore Airport!) and I have a medium weight sweater that I was wearing on the plane. The airport and trains in Japan are well heated, but I am carrying another sweater and a scarf to put on when I leave the train in central Tokyo.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread