Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Info about trekking in Japan 2008/12/31 04:47
Hello everybody my name is Dudi.
I am flying to Japan in January 19. Im planning my trip with sites and stuff to do as much as possible - one problem though: i cannot find any information about trekking in japan. I just wanna hike through nature and every company that is suggesting trekking tours include visiting cities and other stuff. pls can anybody help me?
by Dudi  

... 2008/12/31 07:11
January is winter in Japan. Most of the best trekking regions, such as Hokkaido and the Japan Alps will be under deep layers of snow.

Even higher mountains on Kyushu can be snow covered. Nevertheless, I recommend looking into Kyushu and maybe the Nansei Islands (e.g. Yakushima, Okinawa)
by Uji rate this post as useful

yeah.. 2009/1/1 05:47
Yes. i have tried to explore in the region of Kyushu but either that the tour is expensive ,and not about trekking only, or unadvisible in the winter...
but mabye okinawa could be a good idea.
Nonetheless trekking in japan for visitors is a poor subject that should be more developed, it is so dissapointing...

thanx any way Ujy
by Dudi rate this post as useful

Trips in winter? 2009/1/1 09:44
HI
Just saw this site on side
of travel pages as advert, check it out.
www.oxalis-adventures.com
It's based in Japan of course and does winter tours as well.
Not sure how good or cost though.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

Outdoor Club 2009/1/1 16:40
by MOMO from Kobuchisawa rate this post as useful

wow. thank you both 2009/1/2 07:03
Kiwi thanx for your help but the cost is enormous, to me any way, they want for 10 days aproximtlly 2200 us dollar.

Momo i have to say i am suprised this mabye a answer to my prayers. thank you very much, and the cost is not expensive at all ,even for tourist.
by Dudi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread