Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

taking pets out of japan 2008/12/31 12:15
ok guys i have a pet that i want to take back to canada with me.
since japan is a rabies free country there isnt much trouble bring the pet into canada. from the sounds of it i need proof of owner, and any vaccines.

but is there any thing i have to do before i can take her out of the country. i just dont want to be delayed, also should i arrive at the airport earlier then usual. i know for international flights they usually say 2 hours before.

my pup is about 4 months old.

also when taking the jr train to the airport is it alright to take the dog with me, does she have to be in a crate.
thanks d
by dg  

check out the other thread 2009/1/1 13:59
I started a thread on the same topic, but for taking a pet to the USA. The Japan side of things, however, should be the same. Do a search for 'pet export' or for my handle to find it.

The good news is to go *from* a rabies free country isn't too bad. You'll need to check with your own country's regulations though for importing your pet. You might have some extra stuff to do because your pet is only 4 months old. The link is in the other thread.

For the trains and subways, the pet has to be in some kind of crate/bag. My dog is little, so I use the same travel bag to bring her everywhere.
by Dr Bob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread