Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Post-graduate studies in Japan 2008/12/31 14:24
Hi, first time posting so please forgive me if I should do something foolish.

Basically, I have graduated with a B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences with a 2nd Upper Class Honours from the UK and am in the process of looking to further my studies.

While I was researching papers to include into my thesis, I noticed quite a number of good research stuff coming from Japan and that got me thinking on whether it would be a good idea to go for a Master's or Phd in Japan?

Furthermore, I've tried searching for the past year or so but find it difficult to apply for a post-grad course in the Japanese universities. I'm looking at schools such as University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Waseda University and Osaka University but can't seem to find much information regarding application or the instructions fly all over the place and makes it confusing.

My local Japanese Embassy isn't much help either and I'm getting quite fustrated. I was wondering if there is anyone who can help provide assistance and advice please?

Thanks a lot!!
by JZ  

how about 2009/1/1 05:55
How about contacting the admissions offices of those schools directly? Or better yet, I'm sure there are probably some grad students at your school who from are Japan. You should ask them about it and try to network through them. Grad students usually have an "in" with admissions, tenured professors, and know the system quite well.
by Bean rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/1/1 11:34
Hi, thanks for the answer but the thing is, I've already returned to my home country after completing my studies in the UK and have lost contact with the school since being enlisted into National Service, I doubt anyone can remember me already.

Also, I did write to the admissions offices but have so far not received any replies, that's why I feel fustrated at the lack of information. Thanks a lot for the answer though
by JZ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread