Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Cigarettes 2009/1/3 05:29
I don't smoke. But what is a good brand of Japanese-made cigarettes that I can take back home for my dad? I'm buying a carton. Any idea, how much it would come up to?
by ChatMax  

Re: 2009/1/3 15:00
For cigarettes is something with taste, I'm not sure whether buying a single carton of one brand or buying several kind of packets is good.
But even when he doesn't like it, at least he can spare it to his friend, so a carton will do.

For I'm not familiar to foreign cigarrets,
I'm not completely sure which brand is only to be seen in Japan,
but I think at least "•ô Mine" is such Japanese brand.
This is not english word for explosives, but this is Japanese word which means high peak of mountain and pronounced like me-neigh.
This cigarettes have one Kanji •ô on its package so foreigners might find it interesting.

Googling tells me the Duty Free price of a carton of this "Mine" would be about two thousand yen.
by dice-geist rate this post as useful

Re: 2009/1/3 15:03
by dice-geist rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/3 15:11
If you want a Japanese brand, then it would be: Mild Seven (different strengths), Caster, Seven Star, Cabin, Peace, Short Hope (quite strong), Hi-lite, Frontier, "Mine," etc.

I recommend that you buy at the Duty Free shop at the airport as you leave Japan - in town, a carton can cost 3,000 or 3,200, and at the duty free shop it would be around 2,000 yen.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread