Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reaching Japan plan 2009/1/4 19:35
For few years I have been considering living/studying in this country. Now I'm 19 and finishing school in May. I think the best option for is language school in Kansai area for one year period. It is quite expensive so I started working to get enough money. I believe it is possible to apply for April 2010 and after it start Japanese University.

But...

During language school there is EJU exam. What other options I have if I won't pass it well?? I living in Poland so working visa is impossible.

It is the quickest way to be in Japan but it may be also wasting money. The other option for me is studying Japanese in University in Poland. But then it takes many years to get to Japan...

Also I fully understand what it is to be in another country. I know basic Japanese and I am willing to studying as much as I have to. So, what to do now?
by wrobel  

Best Option 2009/1/5 10:20
Best option is to do university in Poland, brush up on your Japanese knowledge, build up a network of people who can help you in your Japanese studies, and then go to Japan.

Why do you need to rush your decision to study in Japan? You said yourself, you're only 19. You've got plenty of time to sit back, study Japanese in your own country, save money while you're at it, become a more mature person, and then go to Japan.
by Kevin rate this post as useful

hm 2009/1/6 07:27
I am not in rush, I just don't want waste time during study in Poland. I am 24 finishing degree here, then it is possible to start another study in Japan. I believe it is impossible to find a job just with degree of Japanese philology in Japan... Choosing language school first makes me 24yo with Japanese degree prepared living in Japan.

In addiction - I have been in Japan for 2weeks and I know how hard it is for gaijin to exist in this unique community. I am sure going to Japan for me is right thing.
by wrobel rate this post as useful

In my opinion 2009/1/14 11:21
In my opinion you should learn Japanese in japan. Why? Because its faster and could be cheaper if you get friends there. For me i learned it fluently in about 2 years. i learned it from age 14-16, because i had friends who i could practice with and because i was around a lot of japanese things.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread